Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
At SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig, one of our main objectives is to make sure you are prepared for anything that comes your way. Mold is no different. We know that mold can grow any and everywhere. When not careful, it can grow in your home and business. As you may know, mold can come from water. Since, we know this and handle matters like this everyday, we understand that immediate action is needed to prevent the growth of mold. If there happens to be an ongoing moisture problem in your residential home or commercial building, be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong odors.
- Evidence of past moisture problems.
- Excessive humidity.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (210) 610-6800
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Universal City
- Live Oak
- St. Hedwig