Recent Cleaning Posts
Keeping Your Restaurant Kitchen Clean and Safe
A busy restaurant is a joy, and a challenge. It’s wonderful that you have so much business and that your patrons love your food. But keeping the kitchen in great condition on a daily basis can seem like an almost impossible task, but it’s of vital importance to pass those Health Department inspections!
So much is going on during the day, hot grease spitting, utensils loaded with food dropped on the floor, glasses breaking, and food being burned or ruined due to human error. A regular cleaning system can help keep a handle on the mayhem, and keep your restaurant kitchen clean and safe.
It is vital to maintain a hygienic commercial kitchen. Your grills should be brushed between cooking different types of meat, such as red meats, poultry, and fish. The line and prep areas should be regularly wiped down, and trash should be emptied BEFORE it overflows. Slipping and tripping in the kitchen could lead to a disaster. Make sure your sanitizing water is maintained and that there is always a sufficient supply of cleaning rags throughout all shifts.
At the end of the day, the fryers will need to be thoroughly cleaned, as will the grills and the steam table, all slicers, floor mats, and surfaces. Grease traps need to be emptied and cleaned, and hood filters should be run through the dishwasher. Sweeping and mopping the floors, including cooking areas and walk-in fridges and freezers, and cleaning all floor mats well will set the kitchen up for success for the next business day. Your work space in your kitchen will be clean and safe!
Weekly you will want to sanitize coolers and coffee machines, clean ovens and floor drains well, and sharpen all knives. Clean and well-cared for tools and machinery will keep your kitchen safe for your staff. These tasks can be part of servers’ side work, to ensure that they get done.
Monthly you should see that thermometers and ovens are calibrated, freezers deep-cleaned, and behind all ovens, stoves, and fryers gets deep-cleaned as well, as grease build-up is a major fire hazard. Keep your first aid kit well-stocked in case of accidents.
At least once a year, schedule a visit from a professional cleaning company you trust. They can clean hoods and drains, grease traps, walls and floors, much more thoroughly than your staff, and can inspect your premises for possible kitchen safety and fire issues.
SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig is ready to help in the area of restaurant kitchen safety and cleanliness. Give us a call today at (210) 610 6800!
Post Construction Cleanup
Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, it’s time to remove the debris and dirt in order to lay carpet, paint and decorate. SERVPRO of Universal city / St. Hedwig can provide the debris removal services to prepare the building for interior design.
Dehumidification and Drying
During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold growth. If you think one of your projects may have a moisture issue, rely on SERVPRO Professionals to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. SERVPRO of Universal Cit / St. Hedwig Professionals provide cleaning services to give the building that extra shine. Services include:
- Carpet, resilient and non-resilient floor prep and finish
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Debris Removal (if necessary)
- Window Cleaning
Rely on SERVPRO of Universal city / St. Hedwig to help ensure your post-construction cleanup gets done as quickly as possible!
Tips to Clean a Red Wine Spill
Red Wine Spill
You're entertaining at your home and before you know it, you hear a yell and look just in time to see a friend spilling red wine on your carpet. Don't worry...try these tips. And if the spill is too deep, call us for our professional cleaning services.
How to remove a red wine stain
Blot up as much of the wine as possible and pour cool water on the stain.
Cover it with salt.
Boil water and pour over the stain.
Prepare a mixture of half a tablespoon of white vinegar and one cup of water. Pour over stain and let it soak for a few minutes. You can also add a few drops of liquid detergent to the mixture.
It's always a good idea to test a small spot first to make sure it will not harm your carpet.
Make sure to call SERVPRO of Universal City/ St. Hedwig at (210) 610-6800 if you have any problems!
SERVPROXIDETM is an EPA registered, stabilized chlorine dioxide based disinfectant and sanitizer.
SERVPROXIDETM carries the EPA’s lowest toxicity rating, requires no PPE for general purpose use and is safe for everyday use. It is designed to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold on hard surfaces and is an effective sanitizer for soft surfaces. The product is fragrance-free with a mild odor that dissipates quickly under general ventilation. The product also serves as an excellent deodorizer, once the source has been removed, that oxidizes and does not mask odors such as fire & tobacco smoke, musty odors, pet odors and stale cooking odors to name a few. It can be used to deodorize internal HVAC systems, and can also be wet fogged or misted through a ULV type mister such as the 716 Flex-A-Lite 2600 ULV Sprayer/Mister for deodorization purposes.
Areas of use include: Homes, vehicles, schools, daycare, gyms, locker rooms, sports gear, hospitals, nursing homes, laundry rooms, veterinary, ambulances, laboratories, restaurants, boats, cruise ships, federally inspected meat & poultry processing plants, farms, animal pens and poultry houses, egg processing premises, hatcheries, swine premise sanitation, refrigerated storage units, airplanes, trains, trucks, buses & automobiles. 2 year shelf life.
SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig is well-known for its fire and water clean up and restoration services that we provide. Whenever we talk to different people, they are always shocked when we tell them that we do general cleaning in commercial buildings as well. Believe it or not, it is a huge feature that have on our lists of services.
While some are surprised that we offer general cleaning, it is often one of many jobs that we do. Different services that we do within commercial cleaning is: Air ducts, carpets, walls, hardwood floors, ceilings, and plenty more.
Here at SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig, we want you all to know everything that we offer because the list goes on and on.
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
Air duct cleaning is crucial to having a clean home or business. Since SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig understands this, we have provided an air duct cleaning process that will be beneficial to you.
- We first begin by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Then, a push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and soil.
Ready To Sell Your Home?
Did you know that clean homes sell faster? It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. However, not all homes are taken care of the same way. Realtors advise clients to keep their homes in good condition because it:
- Increases market value.
- Reduces list to sale conversion times.
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales.
In order to help keep your home clean and ready to be sold, SERVPRO of Universal City offers services such as:
- Carpet, upholstery, drapery, and blind cleaning
- Ceiling, wall, and hard floor cleaning
- Duct and HVAC cleaning
- Mold mitigation and remediation
At SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig, we always want you to be aware of the ways you can upkeep your home for sale.
SERVPRO'S Move Outs and Contents Restoration Feature
The wooden sheds are used to store cleaned and restored contents.
SERVPRO of Universal City/St. Hedwig does not only specialize in fire and water restoration. That is our bread and butter. One thing that you will find useful is that we also help move you out of your home. That's right, along with restoring fire and water losses and mitigating mold, we can also move you out of your home.
Another thing that comes with moving you out, is that we can restore your contents as well, meaning that should anything that belongs to you gets damaged, we will make sure that it looks brand new as if nothing happened to it. As a company, we believe that whatever will make your life just a little easier, we will make sure it gets done!
How Clean are Your Air Ducts?
Your air ducts, you don’t see them, so they must be just fine. But they do see a lot of traffic, but do they need cleaned?
Your air ducts do need cleaned if you have these issues;
- Permanent or long-term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, or other microbial growth.
- Debris buildup that restricts air-flow.
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from duct work/registers.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Offensive odors from your duct work.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family A SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig technician will inspect each air duct, opening all access panels. We will clean supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers. In all cases of duct cleaning, it is also necessary to address the source of the dirty air duct to prevent recurrence, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
- Want to reduce the need for duct cleaning?
- During normal operation, dust can accumulate in duct work that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning will reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system.
- Regularly change your air filter.
- Regularly schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
- Have your duct work regularly inspected.