Recent Cleaning Posts
Tips to Clean a Red Wine Spill
Red Wine Spill
You're entertaining at your home and before you know it, you hear a yell and look just in time to see a friend spilling red wine on your carpet. Don't worry...try these tips. And if the spill is too deep, call us for our professional cleaning services.
How to remove a red wine stain
Blot up as much of the wine as possible and pour cool water on the stain.
Cover it with salt.
Boil water and pour over the stain.
Prepare a mixture of half a tablespoon of white vinegar and one cup of water. Pour over stain and let it soak for a few minutes. You can also add a few drops of liquid detergent to the mixture.
It's always a good idea to test a small spot first to make sure it will not harm your carpet.
Make sure to call SERVPRO of Universal City/ St. Hedwig at (210) 610-6800 if you have any problems!
Spring has yet to arrive but many Texans with seasonal allergies are already making trips to the doctor's office
Preventing allergies doesn't have to be painful!
Seasonal Allergies are coming! Dont let them bring you down in this new year! If your allergies are giving your trouble, call SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig to clean your carpets or ductwork. A normal residential structure with 6 rooms can accumulate up to 40 pounds of dust per year!
SERVPROXIDETM is an EPA registered, stabilized chlorine dioxide based disinfectant and sanitizer.
SERVPROXIDETM carries the EPA’s lowest toxicity rating, requires no PPE for general purpose use and is safe for everyday use. It is designed to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold on hard surfaces and is an effective sanitizer for soft surfaces. The product is fragrance-free with a mild odor that dissipates quickly under general ventilation. The product also serves as an excellent deodorizer, once the source has been removed, that oxidizes and does not mask odors such as fire & tobacco smoke, musty odors, pet odors and stale cooking odors to name a few. It can be used to deodorize internal HVAC systems, and can also be wet fogged or misted through a ULV type mister such as the 716 Flex-A-Lite 2600 ULV Sprayer/Mister for deodorization purposes.
Areas of use include: Homes, vehicles, schools, daycare, gyms, locker rooms, sports gear, hospitals, nursing homes, laundry rooms, veterinary, ambulances, laboratories, restaurants, boats, cruise ships, federally inspected meat & poultry processing plants, farms, animal pens and poultry houses, egg processing premises, hatcheries, swine premise sanitation, refrigerated storage units, airplanes, trains, trucks, buses & automobiles. 2 year shelf life.
SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig is well-known for its fire and water clean up and restoration services that we provide. Whenever we talk to different people, they are always shocked when we tell them that we do general cleaning in commercial buildings as well. Believe it or not, it is a huge feature that have on our lists of services.
While some are surprised that we offer general cleaning, it is often one of many jobs that we do. Different services that we do within commercial cleaning is: Air ducts, carpets, walls, hardwood floors, ceilings, and plenty more.
Here at SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig, we want you all to know everything that we offer because the list goes on and on.
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
Air duct cleaning is crucial to having a clean home or business. Since SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig understands this, we have provided an air duct cleaning process that will be beneficial to you.
- We first begin by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Then, a push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and soil.
Ready To Sell Your Home?
Did you know that clean homes sell faster? It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. However, not all homes are taken care of the same way. Realtors advise clients to keep their homes in good condition because it:
- Increases market value.
- Reduces list to sale conversion times.
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales.
In order to help keep your home clean and ready to be sold, SERVPRO of Universal City offers services such as:
- Carpet, upholstery, drapery, and blind cleaning
- Ceiling, wall, and hard floor cleaning
- Duct and HVAC cleaning
- Mold mitigation and remediation
At SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig, we always want you to be aware of the ways you can upkeep your home for sale.
SERVPRO'S Move Outs and Contents Restoration Feature
The wooden sheds are used to store cleaned and restored contents.
SERVPRO of Universal City/St. Hedwig does not only specialize in fire and water restoration. That is our bread and butter. One thing that you will find useful is that we also help move you out of your home. That's right, along with restoring fire and water losses and mitigating mold, we can also move you out of your home.
Another thing that comes with moving you out, is that we can restore your contents as well, meaning that should anything that belongs to you gets damaged, we will make sure that it looks brand new as if nothing happened to it. As a company, we believe that whatever will make your life just a little easier, we will make sure it gets done!
How Clean are Your Air Ducts?
Your air ducts, you don’t see them, so they must be just fine. But they do see a lot of traffic, but do they need cleaned?
Your air ducts do need cleaned if you have these issues;
- Permanent or long-term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, or other microbial growth.
- Debris buildup that restricts air-flow.
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from duct work/registers.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Offensive odors from your duct work.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family A SERVPRO of Universal City / St. Hedwig technician will inspect each air duct, opening all access panels. We will clean supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers. In all cases of duct cleaning, it is also necessary to address the source of the dirty air duct to prevent recurrence, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
- Want to reduce the need for duct cleaning?
- During normal operation, dust can accumulate in duct work that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning will reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system.
- Regularly change your air filter.
- Regularly schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
- Have your duct work regularly inspected.