Advice on how to be safe from fire
With the arrival of warmer weather, there will be an increase in the number of outdoor fires, such as bonfires. While these can be entertaining for some, they can also be harmful and result in a larger fire.
Before you light the first match, make sure you follow these safety precautions.
- On a windy night, never start a campfire.
- If the fire starts to spread, have a bucket of water or a garden hose handy.
- Keep a tight eye on the campfire and everyone who is around it.
- Aerosols, canisters, and anything containing foam or paint should not be burned.
- Make sure the wood you're burning is dry and seasoned before you start.
- The pile should be no more than 5' x 5' in size.
After the bonfire is out, flip the materials over using metal shovels and irrigate the area. You avoid starting a fire, make sure to observe all fire and safety precautions.